Avira Internet Security 2017
Avira Internet Security not only provides solid security for your PC from malware and online threats but also protects your privacy and family from harmful influences of the Internet.
Avira Internet Security suite is better than Avira antivirus software because, this Internet Security suite includes all the features of the antivirus and additional tools to protect your PC from more advanced threats. Avira scored impressive rankings from an independent testing agency AV-Test.
Avira works based on the active-cloud technology which makes it advanced and capable to handle everyday Internet threats. The firewall can be configured as per the user’s convenience. This feature would be pleasing very few though. Most of the vendors seem to figure it out themselves.
User Interface is simple enough to put the beginners at ease. The Home Window presents all key attributes to know the system health at a glance.
Avira Internet Security suite in packed with useful features. Browser tracking blocker stops any party on the Internet from recording your credentials. Website Safety adviser highlights harmful links before you click ‘GO’.
There is no denying that new Avira Internet Security has attractive features. However, the security suite may engage more system resources than negligible. In the matter of malware protection, the performance tested to be above average. However, the impact on the system after installing the suite does not go unnoticed. In addition, Avira has a built-in “System Speedup” tool to improve the performance of your PC.
The help and support is provided by the technical staff 24/7 through telephone and e-mail.
Avira Internet Security does a commendable job in protecting your PC. The rich set of features proves its worth. However, the software appears to leave a bigger footprint, thereby slowing down your PC. Advanced options like File encryption and disk wiping are not available in this suite. If you can bear with a slower system for a decent security suite, we recommended Avira Internet Security to you.
- Real-time protection against virus, trojans, worms and spyware.
- Cloud antivirus for ultrafast scanning and immediate identification of threats and malware.
- Proactive defense system identifies threats based on its behaviour.
- Antibot and Rootkit protection for extended security.
- Website Safety Advisor identifies safe websites and warns about dangerous links in search results.
- AntiDrive-by blocks unwanted software downloads while surfing.
- Powerful Firewall shields your computer against intrusion and hacker attacks.
- Advanced Antiphishing and Antispam feature guards against phishing attacks.
- One-Click “System Speedup” tool to clean up junk files and errors so as to improve your PC’s performance.
- Advanced Rescue Mode jumpstarts your PC in an emergency to restore data and settings back to normal.
- Game Mode lets you enjoy uninterrupted gaming while temporarily suspending alerts and notifications.
- CPU: Pentium or later, at least 1 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
- HDD: Min. 150 MB available disk space (additional temporary and quarantine space needed)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP SP2/SP3
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
Side-by-side comparison allows you to view and compare the top ten Internet security software products so that you can choose the best one that matches your needs. Click on the button below to view the comparison chart:
Knowledge base contains articles and other useful information related to the current product you are viewing. Click on the button below to visit our knowledge base: