AVG Internet Security 2016
AVG Internet Security has a powerful antivirus engine that offers complete protection against both prevalent and 0-day malware attacks.
AVG Internet Security suite has emerged as one of the strongest Internet security suites backed by its high end virus detection technology and features. AV-Comparatives lauded AVG to have successfully detected 97.7% of threats.
The proactive-cloud technology combined with the PC acceleration technology helps AVG detect and remove the malware even before it is triggered. The Security suite itself is a bundle of multiple tools which altogether provide impenetrable security to the PC.
The tools include AVG Do Not Track, AVG Identity Protection, Anti-spyware and AVG Wi-Fi Guard. AVG security suite is hard shielded against phishing. It also highlights or removes the links that lead to malicious code cloaked as a genuine site.
Once done with the installation everything goes easy and smooth. The installer does not need a reboot and does not occupy the entire screen. The interface is very simple, the button, icons and the text all lay there in a legible flow. With every license you purchase, you are entitled for a free mobile protection for android based mobile phones.
Like many other suites the installation time is a little too long and requires you to uninstall any previous security suite. Older systems may find AVG to be a little heavier, because of their resource limitations.
The help and support is as good as any of its competitors with 24/7 phone and email support.
AVG Internet Security has made it to one of the most sought out security suite. It provides excellent security making good use of the assembly of tools. The PC acceleration technology is a remarkable feature of AVG. The interface has been appreciated widely for its simplicity. Overall, AVG Internet Security impressed to be good software with commendable tools and features. It makes it up to your money.
- Detects and stops malware even before they enter your computer.
- Proactive cloud technology detects and prevents emerging threats via continuous automatic updates.
- Email scanner detects rogue inbound attachments to protect your PC.
- LinkScanner alerts and prevents you from visiting dangerous websites.
- Automatically scans downloaded files for viruses and other malware.
- Offers ultimate protection against phishing and other online scams.
- Anti-spam feature keeps all junk and unsolicited emails at bay.
- Prevents spying and data theft.
- Identity protection keeps all your personal information such as bank logins and credit card details safe while you’re busy online.
- WiFi guard helps identify and avoid rogue WiFi access points.
- Advanced firewall blocks hackers and intruders from gaining unauthorized access.
- Smart Scanner dramatically reduces the scanning time thereby improving the performance of your PC.
- Gamer Mode lets you play uninterrupted games without the need to worry about annoying scans and notifications.
- AVG accelerator maximizes connection speeds to accelerate web experience.
- Processor: Intel Pentium 1.5 GHz (1.8 GHz recommended)
- Memory: 512 MB of RAM
- Free hard disk space (for installation): 1000 MB (1550 MB recommended)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8
Click on the image to view its full size:
Side-by-side comparison allows you to view and compare the top ten Internet security software products so that you can choose the best one that matches your needs. Click on the button below to view the comparison chart:
Knowledge base contains articles and other useful information related to the current product you are viewing. Click on the button below to visit our knowledge base: