Avira Antivirus Suite 2016
Avira antivirus premium safeguards your computer from virus, worms, trojan, spyware and other types of online threats. In addition, it also offers advanced features like Real-Time Protection, ProActive and Rootkit Protection.
The 6th largest vendor of antivirus software Avira is renowned for its consistency and progress in the world of antivirus software. With time Avira has evolved to be an efficient software with the best virus definition and removal techniques, user-friendly interface, personal firewall and ease of installation and configuration. The trouble in terms of the file size and time taken for the installation are just eliminated without traces.
Avira has been awarded by AV Comparatives with the “Advanced +” distinction which made it “AV Product of the year” for the year 2008. It also earned excellent remarks for its proactive detection of the threat. “Summary Report 2010” shows Avira as the antivirus software with 99.5% detection rate, almost perfect shield for any possible threat. Avira is also known for its unprecedented compatibility with number of network technologies.
Avira has revamped its virus definition so as to reduce the file size and update the virus definition every time the PC is connected to the Internet. This makes it easier to catch and eliminate worms, spyware, rootkits, spyware, malware, trojans and other threats. It also provides a set of free utility software such as “Rescue System” that allows you to write a bootable CD that can be later downloaded as an .exe or .iso file.
The installation speed is good. Due to its new way of virus detection, with every scan the antivirus would not consume much of the time. However, the speed would also depend on the number of files in the hard disk you are scanning. Due to its proactive action against the viruses even before they run and halt the unknown code with the suspicious behavior, they are swift in the PC protection.
If you compare the virus detection rate and the easy User-Interface with any other antivirus software, you are more likely to narrow down on the Avira antivirus than any other. Avira from time to time has gained a lot of trust in the users for its progressive and user-friendly nature. You will never have to wonder where your money went.
The technical assistance is inclusive for premium users too. As for most other antivirus vendors Avira also has 24/7 telephone, email and chat support. You would probably want to make use of other knowledge resources shared on their the website.
Avira has improved with well organized virus definition techniques. It’s a pro in virus detection. Avira has a user friendly interface unlike many other antivirus products. It has been also approved by reputed research units for multiple reasons.
- Real-Time Protection – Continuously monitors for virus, worms and other malware.
- Rootkit Protection – Traps hidden malware that conventional antivirus doesn’t find.
- Anti Ad/Spyware – Offers protection against spyware and annoying adware.
- ProActive – Detects undiscovered threats by monitoring their behaviour.
- Protection Cloud – Ultrafast scanning and immediate online identification of new malware.
- AHeAD Technology – Inspects unfamiliar code for suspicious signs.
- Network Drives – Scans shared folders to detect malware.
- Processor: Pentium or later, at least 1 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB RAM (Windows XP), 1 GB of RAM (Windows Vista, Windows 7)
- HDD: Min. 150 MB available disk space (additional temporary and quarantine space needed)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP (SP2/SP3), Windows Vista SP1 (32/64 bit), Windows 7 (32/64 bit), Windows 8 (32/64 bit)
Click on the image to view its full size:
Side-by-side comparison allows you to view and compare the top ten antivirus software products so that you can choose the best one that matches your needs. Click on the button below to view the comparison chart:
Knowledge base contains articles and other useful information related to the current product you are viewing. Click on the button below to visit our knowledge base: